Effective Date: December 6, 2022
2. What Information Do We Collect And Why?
- Upon request, we may collect your name, email address, phone number(s) and, or other information.
- We use this information to provide full access to our website and for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements.
- We collect data about the This Adoptee Life website that you visit. We also collect data about how you access the This Adoptee Life website, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through the This Adoptee Life website.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve our website and blog. We may also use this information to provide you with advertising or marketing.
- We may use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen visitor or website members for risk or fraud concerns.
- We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
3. When Do We Collect This Information?
- We collect personal information when you contact us, make a purchase, provide information for an article (blog post), request a quote, or decide to hire my services.
- We also partner with third parties who provide us information about clients or prospective clients, for example, to help us screen out clients associated with fraud.
When And Why Do We Share This Information With Third Parties?
- This Adoptee Life works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to our services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
This Adoptee Life will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section.
4. Information From Cookies And Similar Tracking Technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You can opt-out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page or the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out page.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
5. For How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
- In general, we keep your personal information until you request to have it removed. For visitors who may comment on our website or create an account, this means we will keep your information until you inform us that you wish to terminate your relationship with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes such as to defend a contractual claim or for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
6. What We Don’t Do With Your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies.
7. How Do We Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as intellectual property and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
8. Residents Of The European Economic Area (“EEA”)
This Adoptee Life website has visitors from around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal information is processed by our servers in the United States.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a member or a visitor on the This Adoptee Life website and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us by sending us an email at email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us we hope that you would contact us to resolve the issue but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction at any time.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we generally process your information in order for you to leave a comment on our website or blog, make a purchase, contact us, or provide us with information for an article unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. We specifically process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves or other third parties for advertising.
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To provide support services, troubleshooting, and to answer questions;
- To improve our services and website.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
9. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Across Borders?
While This Adoptee Life is a website based in the United States and only stores data in the United States, our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, This Adoptee Life may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located. Transferred data may be subject to the laws of those countries. This Adoptee Life does not transfer or store data in countries that do not have a robust regime of data protection.
If you are located in the EEA or in Switzerland, and believe that your personal information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, you may also contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution®, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA). This organization provides independent dispute resolution services, at no charge to you. ICDR/AAA can be contacted at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html.
10. Control Over And Access To Your Personal Information
This Adoptee Life understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are concerned about data collected as you visit the This Adoptee Life website or use any of our services, please contact us at email@example.com to make the required changes.